APDL is looking for an Online Content Officer!
Applications close 5pm, Monday the 18 March, 2013. Read on for more details.
Delivering on the strategic objectives of the APDL, the two websites Design Online and Design Minds were developed and launched on the 28 June 2012.
We’re passionate about creating an environment where the design community can come together in the progression of new knowledge around design. We do this through critical writing (via Design Online) and design education (via Design Minds). We promote these platforms with regular content updates via social media and our email database.
We’ve learnt that high-quality, relevent and regularly-updated content resonates with our audience and sparks curiosity and discussion around design. We received this piece of feedback from one of our Design Online readers, Tee Kay, based in Tokyo, late last year:
“I am really excited to be able to read upcoming articles from Design Online! I believe my friend found Design Online on a Tumblr, that curates minimal designs. My friend and I regularly look for minimal designs for inspiration, and we were lucky to find Design Online! We really like the content on the site, very well formatted and we learn a lot !”
While Design Online has benefited from audience growth as a result of regularly-updated content, Design Minds still has a long way to go in terms of meeting its objectives for reach and engagement across Queensland schools.
We want to continue the positive momentum of Design Online and address the gaps in content and engagement currently evident through Design Minds but with our humble little team there’s only so much we can do!
That’s why we need an Online Content Officer to help us kick goals!
Details of the Contract
- You will be engaged for up to three days a week at $40/hour (ex. GST) up until the 30 June 2012
- You will have experience in online content curation as well as a body of online, published work
- You will be super-confident using the Adobe Creative Suite as well as WordPress and Microsoft Office
- Your passion for critical design discussion (Design Online) will be equally matched by your enthusiasm for the promotion of design education (Design Minds)
- You’ll need to have an ABN or be willing to complete an ATO hobby form (speak to your accountant)
- You will have exceptional written, visual and inter-personal communication skills, be well-connected in the design community and have the ability to develop future relationships in support of the objectives of the APDL
Download the full brief here: 13-03-08 APDL Online Content Officer EOI
Send your expression of interest to us via email at email@example.com by 5pm, Monday the 18 March, 2013 and get in touch if you have any questions.