Date: Wednesday 28 February 2018
Where: Business Studio, level 1, State Library of Queensland
Did you know you can gather competitive intelligence and market research data using SLQ’s resources? In this session learn tips and inside information to help grow your business.
This lunchbox forum was presented by librarians Will Wood and Jovena Ling, discussing the range of resources available to Business Studio members to assist you in your business planning and research.
The major resources and topics covered during this presentation included:
- The wide range of specialist databases available to State Library and Business Studio members
- IBIS World – reports of key statistics and analysis on market characteristics, operating conditions, current and forecast performance major industry participants and more
- ProQuest – features thousands of full-text journals, key business and economics periodicals, country-and industry-focused reports, and downloadable data
- Access to Lynda.com and their library of over 5,500 courses and over 136,000 video tutorials
- Business Studio membership details and perks
- The Business Studio Online Hub which provides access to a range of online resources to help you with your business needs
- Legal research tools available through Lexis Nexis, the premier research tool for Australian law and legal information
- Lexis Nexis: Practical Guidance – Includes business, consumer and employment information, tool-kits and data.
This presentation also highlighted the range of services made available by the Queensland Government including:
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) who have designed a suite of tools for small business operators to assist them with market research, profiling customers and planning a business case
- The Business Queensland portal provides information on starting and running a business but also includes a free online market research toolkit that can help you gather data tailored to your specific business type and location.
- The Queensland Government Statisticians Office (QGSO) also provides access to a wide range of demographic, economic and social data relating to the state of Queensland that can be incredibly useful to individuals looking to start up.
Our Business Studio lunch box forums feature a new speaker each fortnight.
Business Studio membership is free and gives you access to a great range of resources and business support. Visit the team on level 1 to sign up now.
Find Business Studio recommended books and resources in the Library Shop.
Missed this forum? See what happened on Twitter with the Storify here!
Sign up as a member of the Business Studio today to stay up to date on upcoming events