Three schools have been added to the Queensland Heritage Register this month
- Marburg State School (first opened in 1879 – moved to its current site in 1922);
- Murgon State School (opened in 1908) and
- Maroon State School (opened in 1891)
You can discover more about the histories of these schools and their buildings on the Queensland Heritage Register by clicking on the links above.
Below is a sample of images and other resources from SLQ’s collection about these three schools…
Published and unpublished resources –
Murgon State School
- 75th anniversary (1908-1983) 26th February, 1983 : Murgon State School. (1983). <Murgon, Qld.: The School?>.
- Maudsley, M., & Vonhoff, Glen. (1995). Golden jubilee : 50 years of secondary education in Murgon 1945 – 1995/ May Maudsley and Glen Vonhoff. Murgon, Qld. : Murgon State High School].
- Zerner, B. (1995). Murgon State High School : A memento from the classes of 1945 : Golden jubilee 29-30 April, 1995 / by Burt Zerner. Fig Tree Pocket, Qld.: Burt Zerner.
Maroon State School
- Maroon Centenary Celebrations Committee. (1991). Maroon State School : Centenary Celebrations 1891-1991. <Maroon, Qld.: Maroon State School Centenary Committee.
- Krause, H., Maroon Centenary Celebrations Committee, & Maroon State School. (1961). The story of Maroon in the Fassifern District of Queensland : A souvenir review of its history and development, 1827-1961. Maroon: Maroon Centenary Celebrations Committee and the Committee of the Maroon State School.
Marburg State School
- Marburg State School. (2004). Marburg State School 125th Anniversary : Memories of school days, March 2004. Marburg, Qld.: Marburg State School.
- Viertel Family. (n.d.). M 220 Viertel Family Papers. [Arthur Viertel was a teacher at the Marburg State School. Box 5117 includes volumes relating to Central Technical Teacher Training. Box 5118 has a quantity of school writing books.]