Category Archives: Brisbane Back

Waterloo Bay Estate, Wynnum, 1886 (Map of the Week)

Waterloo Bay Estate, Wynnum, Brisbane, 1886. John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland

State Library of Queensland has an extensive collection of historical maps of Queensland, some of which have been digitised and can be viewed online. This real estate map from 1886 advertises 245 allotments of land for sale at the Waterloo Bay Estate in the Brisbane suburb of Wynnum. The allotments were situated along Waterloo Esplanade, Bride Street, Bay … Read more

Brick additions – a donation and a pamphlet digitised@SLQ

How to improve a timber house with brick additions, cover

State Library of Queensland recently received a small donation of ephemeral material from Stanton Library in North Sydney. This donation includes several leaflets from Brick Supplies Pty. Ltd., an enterprise described in The Truth on 11 February, 1940. To supply homebuilders with information, suggestions and advice on all matters pertaining to the economical and effective … Read more

Donor contributes to His/Her Majesty’s Theatre Programs collection

A small sample of theatre programs from SLQ's HIs/Her Majesty's ephemera collection

Recently Queensland Library Foundation donor Ben Kehoe kindly donated a number of Her Majesty’s Theatre programs to SLQ, where they have enriched our extensive theatre program collection. Ben tells the story behind his gift. “These programs were originally the collection of Minnie White (nee Walsh) (1882-1943) and Ted White. It appears Minnie was a collector … Read more