Have you registered to attend or present at a local, national or international library conference in 2017? We’d love you to share your presentations or hear your plans!
Sydney is set to be a hotspot of activity to start the year with ALIA Information Online from 13 February, State Library of New South Wales’ International Indigenous Librarians’ Forum from 21 February, and IFLA’s STEAM into Sydney from 14 March.
Brisbane has the Museums Galleries Australia National Conference in May, bringing together in current and future leaders and decision-makers from Australia and across the Asia-Pacific region.
If you’re looking for an overseas getaway, you might consider Next Library to be held in Denmark in June; EBLIP9 in Philadelphia, USA, also in June; IFLA’s World Library and Information Congress in Poland in August; or, a little closer to home, LIANZA 2017, to be held in New Zealand in September.
Here’s more events that we’ve earmarked for follow-up:
- 2017 AIATSIS National Indigenous Research Conference, 21-23 March, Canberra
- Electronic Resources & Libraries 2017, 2-5 April, Texas
- 26th International World Wide Web Conference, 3-7 April, Perth
- Information Access – new modes, technologies and opportunities Round Table, 6-9 May, Perth
- EduTech Future Library Congress, 8-9 June, Sydney
- ALIA New Librarian’s Symposium, 23-25 June, Canberra
- International Open Repositories 2017, 26-30 June, Brisbane
- Australian Society of Archivists 2017 Conference, 25-28 September, Melbourne
- National Library and Information Technicians Symposium, 27-29 September, Sydney
- Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia inForum, 10-13 September, Brisbane
- Puliima National Indigenous Language and Technology Forum, 18-19 October, Cairns
Have we missed anything? What do you think we should add to the calendar?
Which event are you looking forward to in 2017? Comment below to let us know.
And, of course, do not forget the range of professional development opportunities on offer around the state by SLQ throughout 2017.