Libraries across Queensland can apply for subsidies of up to $1,000 to help fund local events during Seniors Week to be held from 19-27 August.
This year’s theme is A Queensland for ALL Ages which aims to bring people of all ages and backgrounds together, to celebrate the many contributions older people make to our communities.
To be eligible to apply for a subsidy, applications must meet at least one of the program objectives. They are to:
- Improve community attitudes towards older Queenslanders and ageing;
- Empower older Queenslanders to connect to inclusive events and activities by producing multicultural, intergenerational or lifestyle events/activities for older Queenslanders in their communities;
- Inspire opportunities for older Queenslanders to continue to participate in activities outside of Queensland Seniors Week;
- Empower older Queenslanders to live active and healthy lives with improved physical and mental wellbeing; and
- Enhance opportunities for older Queenslanders to continue to learn through community education, lifelong learning, and digital literacy.
Download the subsidy application and guidelines online. Applications close 31 March.
Happy event planning! We look forward to seeing your events in August.