The Queensland Library Achiever of the Year Award is an annual merit prize aimed at:
- Encouraging recognition of an individual working in any sector of the library and information profession in Queensland
- Providing an opportunity to promote innovation and excellence within the library and information profession
- Increasing the profile of the profession
The Award winner will receive $200 in cash and a trophy to recognise the Award. The Queensland Library Achiever of the Year Award is very proudly sponsored by Griffith University.
Any individual working in a library or information centre in Queensland, and who is a financial member of ALIA is eligible for nomination.
Nominations can be made by you, i.e. self-nomination, by the manager of your library or information centre or of the parent body, or by one of your peers or a professional colleague.
The successful nomination will be judged on one or more of the following criteria:
- Innovative practice in the development of library and information services.
- Progress achieved in the implementation of new services or new technologies.
- Successful collaborative ventures or partnerships in library and information services.
- Creative approaches to marketing or promoting library and information services.
- Demonstrated dedication to the advancement of libraries.
Closing date for nominations is 13 October 2017.
Don’t be shy! If you or a colleague has gone above and beyond this year, then we want to hear from you. More details and the nomination form can be found here along with the list of past recipients.