Career Planning with Sue Hutley is a dynamic and interactive workshop that offers tools, techniques, and new ways of thinking about planning your career. Sue will discuss how to play to your strengths, how to plan ahead for contingencies and how to make the most of your employment situation.
Activities in the workshop will encourage you to consider:
- How do you see your situation, both personally and professionally, as part of a team and the library in relation to change and strategic priorities?
- How might your work (skills and responsibilities) change in the next few years, and how prepared are you for this change?
- What makes you come to work, what do you like about your work, how can you take responsibility to change things you don’t like?
- Who are your champions, and how can they help you?
- How can you collectively empower your colleagues?
Participants will be required to complete a pre-workshop activity received upon registering.
Light refreshments will be served.
Places are limited.
When: 1:00pm – 4:30pm (AEST) Friday 13 October 2017
Where: S02_6.38, Webb Centre, Griffith University, South Bank campus
Cost: $40 QULOC members
$50 Non QULOC members