Before getting back into bad old habits at work this year and letting stress get the better of you, why not learn some of these new skills and thrive at work?
Lynda.com has a range of courses that can help manage the pressures of the workplace. Lynda.com has over 7,000 courses with many focused on the workplace and the skills required for personal and professional success. Access is free for all RLQ, IKC and State Library of Queensland members
Courses range from beginner to advanced level, new courses are added regularly and participants receive a certificate of completion at the end of each course. Log on to Lynda.com today to find what’s new and what’s great to learn.
Some of the sessions about thriving at work include:
- Managing Stress by Todd Dewett. 21 min. Intermediate. Learn to identify your triggers, manage responses and make positive personal choices.
- Creating Great Workplace Habits by Gretchen Rubin. 40 min. Appropriate for all. Topics include: practical strategies to create better work habits and ongoing success.
- Thriving At Work: Leveraging the connection between wellbeing and productivity by Arianna Huffington. 42 min. Topics include: the importance of well-being; knowing your boundaries and limitations; knowing when to say NO.
- Taming technology: Setting boundaries with Your Devices for Maximum Productivity by Arianna Huffington 40 min. Intermediate. Learn how to manage your time and energy and be productive.
- Thrive 02: Learning how to Unplug and Recharge by Arianna Huffington 40 min. Appropriate for all. Topics include: identifying hidden triggers, reconnecting with yourself and meditating.
- Thrive 03: Setting Priorities and Letting Go by Arianna Huffington 45 min. Appropriate for all. Topics include: prioritising your goals and valuing your time.
- Thrive 04: Facing Challenges with Gratitude and Forgiveness by Arianna Huffington 35 min. Appropriate for All. Topics include: the impact of your attitude, practicing forgiveness and gratitude and reflecting.
- Thrive 05: Igniting Joy through Presence and Wonder by Arianna Huffington 45 min. Appropriate for all. Topics include: exploring wonder; creating personal connections; Giving your full attention while communicating.
- Managing Your Energy for Sustainable High Performance by Tony Schwarts. 20 min. Appropriate for all. Topics include: energy management, balancing taking care of others and taking care of you.
- Creating a Positive and Healthy Work Environment by Catherine Mattice Zundel 1 hr Advanced. Topics include: practical strategies for creating better work habits for ongoing success.
- Mindfulness by John Ullmen 1hr 15 min – Intermediate. Topics include the fundamentals of mindfulness and the methods that anyone can use for dealing with stress, anxiety, fear, worry and self-doubt and increasing confidence, peak performance and connection with others.
Here’s hoping one of these sessions will help you thrive at work this year!
About the author: Karen Hind is Librarian, Public Library Partnerships, State Library of Queensland.