Calling all library staff working with young children and families — the First 5 Forever team are hosting their first of a series of webinars for 2018.
The one-hour webinar, held 1 – 2pm, this Thursday 22 February, will include an exploration and discussion on how to plan your library early literacy programs.
Information and practical ideas will be shared covering the following topics:
- Planning and preparation for early literacy programs including simple ideas for behaviour management
- The why – how do we communicate this to families?
- What to include in sessions – how to plan, what to consider, book choice, early literacy strategies
- Key messaging – making it authentic
- Linking – collection, membership, other library programs
- What happens after your library sessions? – ideas and tips
Several presenters from a range of public libraries including city and regional services will share their First 5 Forever tips, challenges and strategies.
State Library uses the GoToWebinar platform. You can join the webinar from your desktop or laptop. For more details, email the First 5 Forever team or call 07 3840 7807.
Can’t log on? The First 5 Forever team will record this webinar. Details will be provided via the First 5 Forever monthly newsletter.
To register or subscribe for notice of future webinars, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Public Libraries Connect training calendar to search for upcoming First 5 Forever webinars and events.