Burdekin Shire Council is hosting Managing library collections: Digitise and describe your collections to improve discoverability in partnership with State Library of Queensland (State Library) staff on 11 April 2018 and you are invited to attend.
In this full day workshop you will learn and apply the skills and knowledge needed to create and manage a successful digital collection:
- Find out why State Library digitises heritage collections and learn how to organise your inventory and develop a digitisation plan for your collections.
- Consider copyright, capture standards and image software.
- Get hands on with digitising items and discover tips for digital collection care.
- Learn how to describe and tag your collections to have more discoverable, connected records.
- Gain an understanding of Metadata and best practice principles.
- Apply the principles learned to describe real world digitised content.
Please bring along:
- An item you would like to add to the heritage collection e.g. small diary, ephemera, monograph, medal, photographs etc.
- Three or four photographs to digitise
Eventbrite bookings are open so please register today.
View the draft program and visit the Public Libraries Connect training calendar to keep an eye on upcoming professional development and training opportunities or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.