Join in the fun with Children’s Book Week from 18 – 24 August, 2018 with the theme Find Your Treasure. Each year at this time across Australia, the Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) brings children and books together for CBCA Book Week. Schools, libraries, booksellers, authors, illustrators and children will be celebrating Australian children’s literature with events such as children’s book character parades.
Join library staff across Australia helping to promote quality literature for young Australians by creating a display, holding activities, offering competitions and telling stories relating to a theme to highlight the importance of reading.
About the awards
The CBCA Book of the Year winner’s announcement will be on Friday 17 August 2018. The Awards will be presented by the CBCA in partnership with the State Library of Queensland in Brisbane on Friday 17 August 2018. Free tickets available here.
There are six categories in the CBCA Book of the Year Awards:
- CBCA Book of the Year: Older Readers
- CBCA Book of the Year: Younger Readers
- CBCA Book of the Year: Early Childhood
- CBCA Picture Book of the Year
- Eve Pownall Award
- Crichton Award for New Illustrators (previously administered by the CBCA Victorian Branch).
Visit the website to find out about all this year’s shortlisted titles.
Ideas to help you get involved
Visit the website for some great activity ideas for your Book Week including a treasure chest of book titles, a book hunt, costume ideas for your parade, competitions, teacher notes and more!
- change your library’s social media avatars and email signatures using the resources available below
- encourage your colleagues, students and library users to use #CBCA2018 when sharing your events, displays and activities via social media. Photos encouraged!
- tweet photos of your CBCA Book Week displays using #CBCA2018
Use these free downloads to promote CBCA Book Week and generate excitement.
There’s no better time to celebrate reading and children’s books than Children’s Book Week. Invite your children to the library and enjoy a great community event.