Applications close Friday, 14 September 2018.
The funding round for multicultural events under the 2018-19 Celebrating Multicultural Queensland (CMQ) program is now open.
The CMQ program promotes multiculturalism and supports communities to celebrate diversity and connect and welcome migrants and refugees into a wide range of community activities.
What funding is available?
Funding of up to $20,000 will be available per individual event to be held in 2019.
A total of $1.4 million is available for established and new events
What events are eligible?
An event is considered as planning and delivery of:
- a multicultural festival
- a public or substantial gathering for the purpose of celebrating particular cultural traditions
- cultural celebrations that involve people from a particular community or diverse cultural groups and the wider community.
This funding round is for multicultural events that aim to:
- welcome migrants and refugees into local communities, and to increase their sense of belonging
- promote an increased understanding and acceptance of a particular or an emerging culture across the wider community
- celebrate, promote and increase opportunities for intercultural connections within local communities across Queensland.
Who can apply?
Community groups, non-government organisations, P&C Associations, local councils that involve or support migrants and refugees as well as small and emerging cultural and community groups are encouraged to consider submitting a funding application under this funding round.