Diamantina Shire Council is hosting a three-day professional development (PD) event at Birdsville Library from Tuesday 20 November to Thursday 22 November 2018.
During this three-day PD, attendees will explore the fundamentals of day-to-day management of a library branch within the Regional Libraries Queensland (RLQ) network including library collections, circulation, the Aurora library management system and the RLQ duty roster.
Attendees will also get hands on to discover the educational and leisure possibilities available to various age groups from Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) technology loanable from State Library of Queensland (State Library); and to inspire future programming innovations.
Content will include:
- Realising our potential – viewing our work through the lens of the Vision
- Managing your library: Key concepts, the Duty Schedule and Aurora Library Management System
- First 5 Forever overview
- STEM in the Playspace: Storytelling with Blue Bot, Cubetto and Osmo
- State Library special collections: what you can borrow
- State Library Eresources overview
- Coding and robotics: Sphero, Edison and EZ-Robots
- The Basics of Lego Mindstorms
If you plan on travelling to attend this event why not apply for a Travel Bursary?
The State Library is offering travel bursaries to Councils to allow individuals from regional Queensland public libraries and Indigenous Knowledge Centres (IKC) to participate in the regional PD events offered by the State Library (or in partnership with the State Library) being held in locations across Queensland. To apply, simply visit the PLC training calendar, download the relevant application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org