Health & Wellness Resource Center information is compiled by trusted professionals with access to thousands of full-text medical journals, periodicals, reference works and multimedia. Ideal for researchers at all levels. This comprehensive consumer health resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices.
Have you got health questions you want answered? What dietary habits are associated with adult-onset diabetes? Are antioxidants really effective? What is the current evidence about e-cigarettes? Health & Wellness Resource Center is your first-stop resource for answers to these and other health-related questions.
- Health Studies
- Social Care and Public Health
Great range of resources
Health and Wellness Resource Centre provides access to a great range of information from trusted and authoritative sources including:
- More than 1,000 medical journals, periodicals, and articles from more than 2,200 general-interest publications, medical newspapers, newsletters and news feeds. Titles include: Paediatrics Week; Consumer Health News, Obesity and Diabetes Weekly; Mental Health Weekly Digest; and Environmental Health Perspectives.
- Full-text reference works including The Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine, The Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and Medical Tests, The Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders, and various Thomson Healthcare and Micromedex drug guides
- Hundreds of streaming videos with transcripts from medical experts via NBC, Healthology, Illumistream, and ORLive.
- Links to trusted health Web sites
Search options include; Browse Categories & Topics, Quick search, Subject Search and professional insight.
This database complements the range of health information provided by State Library including other health and general databases, ebooks, books, journals and more. Visit the website for more information. For assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org