The Rural Libraries Queensland online catalogue will have a new look, feel and experience from 1 February 2019. Montage is the new catalogue for resources in the public library collections managed by State Library of Queensland delivering search results with a user friendly display.
State wide collections in Montage include Languages Other than English (LOTE), Storytelling resources, Audiobooks, Book club sets, Literacy and the Reserve collections. Access to these collections is unchanged. Your library pin and barcode are the same and no action is required of you.
There is more information about Montage on the Public Libraries Connect website.
Some benefits of this new interface include:
- ability to search across the entire library collection and return results in groups of their respective formats
- recent additions display on the home page
- ability to see at a glance – books, audiobooks, kits and more in the library collection that relate to the search term/s used
- a natural and intuitive user experience with easy browsing
- full screen width view on all devices with adequate white space for reading
- easy access to Montage via a desktop, tablet or mobile
- direct stream audio from Montage via an inbuilt media player
- social media and sharing devices are included
- the members section allows a user to manage their account in real time. A user may log in with their library barcode or choose an alias that is easier to remember.
The Online Public Access Catalogue now refers to the Montage interface. Please update your favourites and bookmarks to the new catalogue on computers in your library from 1 February 2019. For more information please contact email@example.com