Alpacas with Maracas by Matt Cosgrove, is the title for this year’s National Simultaneous Storytime (NSS) by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) on Wednesday 22 May 2019 at 11 am. NSS is held annually as part of Library and Information Week.
Every year the chosen picture book, written and illustrated by an Australian author and illustrator, is read simultaneously around Australia, in libraries, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres, family homes, bookshops and many other places. This is the 19th successful year of NSS and it gets bigger and better every year!
NSS is a colourful, vibrant, fun event that promotes:
- the value of reading and literacy,
- the value and fun of books,
- an Australian writer and publisher,
- storytime activities in public libraries and communities around the country,
- opportunities to involve parents, grandparents, the media and others to participate in and enjoy the occasion.
Registrations Close: Friday 24 May 2019 5pm
Registration is free.
On Monday 20 May 2019 you will receive a variety of electronic downloads to support your National Simultaneous Storytime event. Please note that registrations do not rollover yearly. A new registration must be submitted each year of the event.
Download teacher notes, discussion notes and activity ideas from Scholastic Australia and Matt Cosgrove.
Only registered participants will receive the digital presentations of the book which will be emailed on Monday 20 May 2019. Register before then to receive all resources including:
- A podcast reading of the book,
- A PDF version of the book,
- Access to the Story Box Libraryvideo, and
- Access to the AUSLAN video.
Please note: digital presentations of the book will only be available until Friday 24 May 2019.
Watch the Scholastic website and catalogues for more support and fun ways to participate in this important event: www.scholastic.com.au.