State Library of Queensland now provides state-wide access to National Geographic Virtual Library. State Library, Queensland Public Library and Indigenous Knowledge Centre (IKC) members have unlimited access in the library and at home. This product was purchased as a result of positive feedback in the recent trial.
Explore history through a new lens
There’s no substitute for the depth and quality National Geographic Virtual Library brings to your library. This online resource includes more than 100 years of every page of every issue of National Geographic Magazine, the vast multimedia collection of National Geographic books, images, maps and videos as well as National Geographic Traveler Magazine.
There is something for everyone including researchers of all ages and general readers.
Above: Every page of every National Geographic Magazine included
National Geographic Magazine Archive, 1888- 1994
• The complete archive of the magazine to the mid-1990s. Over 100 years of history. Subjects include Peoples and cultures; Fine Arts; Global Studies; Science; Medicine; Technology; Women and Gender Studies and World History.
National Geographic Magazine Archive 1995 – Current
• Comprehensive, timely articles and legendary photos, documenting life on our planet and beyond. A two-issue embargo. Includes very recent coverage on hot research and popular topics.
National Geographic: People, Animals, and the World
• Unlimited access to digital content that attracts, engages and informs students, educators, researchers and general readers including full-text books, magazines, videos, maps and National Geographic images.
National Geographic Kids
National Geographic Kids includes authoritative, age appropriate digital content suitable for younger students in English, Language, Arts, Social studies and science and more.
• National Geographic Kids magazine, 2009 – present,
• 275 National Geographic Kids Books
• More than 90 videos
• 6000+ Kid friendly downloadable images
• Selected National Geographic books, images and multimedia on history, biography science and technology and more.
Platform features and tools
Researchers can search the product in several ways including:
• Term frequency: Find the frequency of search terms within sets of content
• Cross-search capability: Search across the content of complementary primary source products in one intuitive environment,
• Browse, read cover-to-cover, explore topics, and search through full text or metadata to easily identify the perfect content to fuel teaching and learning.
Highlight National Geographic Virtual Library in your library
• Colourful Adult and Kids icons to add to your web page
• Poster to print and display in your library
• National Geographic Kids poster
• Printed bookmarks, postcards and posters from supplier coming soon.
A range of tutorials is available for National Geographic Kids and National Geographic Virtual Library including Rock Your Projects, Spark Your Child’s Curiosity; Scavenger Hunt Magazine Archive; Scavenger Hunt People, Animals and the World, and more.
Please contact email@example.com for further details about accessing National Geographic Virtual Library.