You are invited to the September 2019 Queensland Local Studies Group meeting hosted by Queensland State Archives (QSA) – 435 Compton Rd, Runcorn, Brisbane, Thurs 5 September 10:00am – 3:00pm. For information on how to get there access the travel options provided on the QSA website.
Apologies / RSVP’s can be emailed to Cynthia CochraneCynthia.Cochrane@archives.qld.gov.au by COB 28 August along with dietary requirements. Questions about the agenda can be forwarded to Cynthia.
The meeting agenda includes a:
• Welcome by Niles Elvery, Senior Archivist and Team Leader Access Support;
• Tour of the newest exhibition – Birdcage on the Bay: Saint Helena Island Prison with Phil Manning, Senior Curator Exhibitions;
• Update on stage 2 of QSA’s repository development;
• Visit to the QSA Preservation Lab;
• House Histories – joint presentation by Stephanie Ryan, Research Librarian, SLQ and Annabel Lloyd, Archivist, Brisbane City Archives;
• Living Under the Act: what that meant for Indigenous People – presentation by Kathy Frankland, Community and Personal Histories, Dept of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships.
Not everyone can attend the meetings, but Queensland Memory encourages every public library and IKC in Queensland to access the content posted on Public Libraries Connect and to subscribe to the Queensland Local Studies list as a way of:
- Sharing knowledge of Queensland stories;
- Joining a network that celebrates and promotes Queensland experiences;
- Advocates vibrant discussion and interesting research accessed more widely
Public libraries and Indigenous Knowledge Centres can email the details of local heritage talks, events, and programs to the Local Studies Group.
Join the Queensland Local Studies Group and receive regular news and updates.
Subscribe and receive your copy of the Queensland Memory e-newsletter highlighting a range of topics linking to Queensland.
About the author
Anne Scheu, Queensland Memory, State Library of Queensland. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org