Help your community Be Connected by becoming a Digital Mentor!
State Library of Queensland is excited to announce the Be Connected Digital Mentor training dates and locations for February and March 2020.
Be Connected Digital Mentor train-the-trainer workshops will focus on up-skilling library staff to be Digital Mentors, enabling them to confidently deliver Be Connected training sessions and other digital literacy initiatives to their communities.
The workshops will build skills, knowledge and the confidence of public library and Indigenous Knowledge Centre (IKC) staff to deliver digital literacy programs and initiatives in the community.
Workshop content includes
• What is a digital mentor?
• Supporting digital skills – qualities you need
• The role of a digital mentor
• How to inspire people to get online
• Overcoming barriers
• Facilitating discussions and activities
- Somerset Regional Council, Tuesday 5 February 2020
- Townsville City Council, Tuesday 11 February 2020
- Mackay Regional Council, Thursday 20 February 2020
- Mackay Regional Council, Friday 21 February 2020
- South Burnett Regional Council, Tuesday 25 February 2020
More locations will be announced in 2020 and posted on the Public Libraries Connect (PLC) Training Calendar.
Travel bursaries are available on application and forms and guidelines are available for download from the PLC Training Calendar.
The Be Connected Digital Mentor program is being delivered by State Library in partnership with an Australian Government funded program coordinated by the Good Things Foundation.