Are you a senior who’s had a smart phone for a while and just don’t feel you are getting the most out of it? Were you gifted a tablet for your recent birthday but can’t face taking it out of the box? Are you keen to get connected but you’re just not sure where to start? Well, read on to find out how you can be connected in no time flat!
Be Connected is an Australia wide initiative empowering older Australian’s to thrive in a digital world.
State Library of Queensland is a Be Connected partner and will deliver onsite, guided, hands on learning sessions, Wednesday and Friday mornings, 10am-12.30pm, from June to September 2019. Our topics start you right at the beginning, looking at the very basics of different technology devices and online interaction, and progress to more adventurous areas like online shopping, hobbies, where to find the best movies and TV on the web and the finer points of digital safety.
If you would like the company of like-minded learners and friendly tutors on your journey to Being Connected, have a look at the bookings links below and reserve your spot today for any and all topics on dates of your choice. Morning tea is provided at all sessions, and best of all its free!
- Late June – The Basics/ getting to know your device.
- Early July – Getting started online (set up your first email account, web browser basics, web forms, search engines)
- Late July – Safety first/ wi-fi and mobile networks
- Early August – Socialising online (Facebook and video chat)
- Late August – Shopping, viewing and listening online (make the most of online retailers, movie and TV streaming apps)
- Early September – All about apps and online Hobbies.