From online consulting to dog-sitting: LinkedIn reveals the 25 startups Australians want to work for

LinkedIn has revealed its LinkedIn Top Startups 2018 list for Australia, naming the 25 startups employees most want to work for.

The list is compiled using LinkedIn data on the amount of interest received from job seekers, employee engagement and the extent to which they attract top talent, as well as the growth of their workforce, to give a snapshot of which companies are most attractive to the tech workforce.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Australian unicorn Canva took the top spot, followed by consulting startup Expert360 in second and digital management consultant Escient in third.

Freelance jobs marketplace Airtasker also featured highly, as well as small business lender Prospa and corporate learning startup GO1.

One of the companies on the list — in 14th place — is Sydney dog-sitting startup Mad Paws, which was founded in 2014 by chief executive Alexis Soulopoulos, before he brought co-founders Jan Pacas, Bjorn Behrendt, Justus Hammer and Rolf Weber on board.

The startup has now raised a total of $6.1 million, and Soulopoulos tells StartupSmart it now has a headcount of 33, about double what it had this time last year.

For startups, 1% of the success comes from the idea, Soulopoulos says. The other 99% comes from the execution. Read more

Stephanie Palmer-Derrien – SmartCompany – 11 September 2018