10 May 2018 | David McMahon
Date: Wednesday 9 May 2018
Where: Business Studio, level 1, State Library of Queensland
Social enterprise and design thinking…turning problems into opportunities
Tom Allen is a design strategist, social entrepreneur and educator passionate about empowering people to create positive futures.
Tom will share global insights into design thinking and social innovation to help social entrepreneurs turn problems into sustainable opportunities.
Tom founded Impact Boom, a social enterprise helping people turn their ideas into positive social impact and Seven Positive, an award winning Strategic Design Consultancy working with purpose-driven organisations to deliver innovative impact initiatives.
As an experienced educator, Tom works with leading universities locally and internationally to develop and deliver programs across social innovation and entrepreneurship, design, business and marketing.
Missed this forum? Follow Tom’s journey on:
- Aline Laucke On Social Enterprise In Developing And Emerging Economies
- Jo Barraket On What You Need To Know To Help Social Enterprise Thrive & Create Positive Change
- Fundamental Ingredients Of Successful Social Entrepreneurs – listen here
- Dr Ingrid Burkett On Using A Systemic Lens To Unlock Barriers For Change
- Suzi Woodrow-Read & Ruth Toomey On Engaging Communities & Dealing With Complexity When Tackling Social Issues
- Diana Schneider On Design Thinking, Social Innovation & Changing Corporate Environments
Our Business Studio lunch box forums feature a new speaker each fortnight.
Business Studio membership is free and gives you access to a great range of resources and business support. Visit the team on level 1 to sign up now.
Find business and startup books in the Library Shop.